Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hooray for Energy Efficient Innovation

I found this photo of one of my environmentally conscious gardening project friends in quintessential cheerleader mode. Anyway, another friend gave me an idea for what I can do with my beginning knitting projects: make them into draft dodgers! Or, what is more important to me right now, keep the cold out of my room (which is located right at the corner of the building where the wind always hits.) I just fastened an old pair of black stretch-y pants to the bottom of my bedroom window with painters tape. But soon, no matter how twisted or how many holes are in the stitches, I expect that all sorts of colorful knitted pieces will cover various portions of it. Since a tiny heating vent sits right above the monstrously large, drafty window, I'm hoping that this will help my room feel less like the temperature of a cheap hotel in the Andes. Ah! I feel warmer already...(thank you, extra sweater).

No comments: