Monday, September 28, 2026

I read something celebrity. Why does menopause have to be about him?

"Naomi Watts Praises Husband Billy Crudup for Menopause..."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/naomi-watts-billy-crudup-menopause-zurich-housewife-film-1236712830/

"She lauded her husband of three years, fellow actor Billy Crudup, for being curious about menopause — and implored other men to replicate his openness. “I was hiding in the bathroom trying to scratch off my estrogen patch, and he was like, ‘Is everything okay?’ And I told him what was going on, and I really was so nervous and thinking, ‘Oh God, I bet he’s not going to want to be with me now. He knows I’m in menopause.'”

Crudup’s reaction was quite the opposite. “He was like, ‘Hold on a second. We’re the same age, and that’s great that you’re taking care of yourself. Love science, love medicine. And why are you ashamed? That’s fantastic. Thanks for telling me.’ And so instantly, I felt, ‘Oh my God, this is so sweet and generous and sexy!’ Like, that just felt really intimate. And I felt safer than I’d ever felt,” continued Watts. “And I told him that I wanted to create a company for women who are not clued in, and the company would be about hydration from scalp to vag.”

~ Naomi Watts, Lily Ford 

See how insecure successful women are supposed to be? I know it's supposed to be relatable, but it's kind of sad.

"From scalp to vag." 

Who talks like this? Who objectifies themselves in this way? 

I feel like I'm running away from a speculum, which is a medical instrument invented in the 19th century that they still use today.

No comments: