Monday, September 30, 2024

Shuteye, interrupted.

Had a dream about talking to a friend I have only seen in a few dreams. The presence feels real. I would like to see this person (or presence) again, so I'm going to go back to sleep. Maybe, maybe it will happen.

I'm aware that sometimes there's a feeling of great disappointment that some people who used to act like they cared more about different kinds of people and about civil rights no longer want to act like they care.

It literally is if they aged out of wanting to care.

Life was too hard on them, and now they're just trying to get by, and they don't care, because it isn't convenient enough for them.

Why do they clearly feel it's more comfortable to ditch certain types of girls and women?

I'm not just talking about me. There's other ones too.

The unexamined sexism is very jarring and upsetting.

At the very time certain kinds of human rights are being challenged, it's like they forgot. They used to care about people who are different and about civil rights. 

Now you know why these things happened in the past.

People get fatigued and stubborn.

Why not choose a different survival strategy? 

It's bizarre. 

It's like a tame nightmare. 

I understand there's worse things going on, but still.


No comments: