Monday, September 25, 2023

Do you remember...

"Dan Solomon: Well, I was there. I was a grownup at that point – I had a job and paid taxes – and it was still kind of a life-changing experience for me. Just seeing all of the energy, all of the passion, all of the kind of down ‘n dirty politics and seeing protests, which I was familiar with, actually make a substantive difference in how the day’s events went on.

And so as I was thinking about that as an adult, I was thinking, what if I had been 17 at the time, when your life is so ready to be changed by these events? And so it just sort of made sense to me to put that character in this situation and see where it led."

~ Dan Solomon 

"In 'The Fight for Midnight' from author Dan Solomon, 17-year-old Alex finds himself on the fence of the abortion conversation."

https://www.texasstandard.org/stories/dan-solomon-fight-midnight-book-wendy-davis-abortion-filibuster-2013/


No comments: