Monday, May 19, 2014

And MORE

From: http://christiethinks.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/thinking-about-adoption/

"It’s interesting being me, and subsequently being on the margins. Among married friends with babies, among single friends with confusion; I’m not easily categorized into a common denominator. When it comes to babies (and besides the general terror I feel regarding expelling a child from my womb), things are fuzzy. And, aside from stolen, when a baby is to be mine, I don’t particularly care where it comes from.

I am adopted. This is a fundamental component of my identity. And, as such, I’m feeling pretty prescribed to someday be the adopter; to overflow my adopted blessings into the life of another. As it were, November happens to be Adoption Awareness Month in Canada, so prepare to be made aware."

*****

"And, if these sorts of thoughts have never crossed your mind, do take a moment to read this blog post: http://deeperstory.com/tread-softly-on-my-adoption/ Whether it is intentional or no, some of us are sensitive about how we got to our families."

No comments: