Thursday, March 13, 2014

Book and plant excitement of the day.

I.  Clan Apis finally arrived. Also, I found (on the 'net) another book that I believe I gave away at about the same time: Always Elsewhere: Travels of the Black Atlantic (and I went Ha! when I discovered it, because it wasn't that easy to find.) I had forgotten the title, but remembered buying it at a used bookshop in Ann Arbor. I think the story that stood out the most to me was "a merchant seaman wryly observes the pleasure-seeking passengers on his ship in the Far East" (http://www.bulldozia.com/projects/index.php?id=380).  I had to turn in Wave and GEB ~ for the latter, the introduction (in which the author laments his own sexism and rejoices in foreign language translations that convert his Carrollian tortoise character into a female, which made me wonder why he didn't just make the change in English, too) and this "discarded review" & some of its comments are the closest I came to reading it. Maybe it's not for me/ my math allergy, or maybe it's for some other time. I looked up Chopin's "Winter Wind" later on.

II.  HOUSE PLANT EQUATED WITH INCREDIBLE HULK CAN LEAVE SCARS FOR LIFE, SOURCES SAY

http://plantsarethestrangestpeople.blogspot.com/2011/04/incredible-hulk-schefflera-actinophylla.html 

Beware the sap of the Umbrella plant.

Actually, maybe those sources don't say that. But others did.

May all oatmeal baths be strong & gentle enough.

~~~~

Further reading on plant poison

No comments: