Saturday, March 22, 2014

Good bench-side manner

Maybe that could be for a coach. For today: Good booth-side manner. Or bureau...(I discussed the healthcare application situation with a man at a table.) Although there were some difficulties with navigating the website, he seemed to be a bit better at knowing what he was doing. It was concluded that I appear to have everything in order now, but might be missing an access code that should have been e-mailed to me (it wasn't.) Therefore, he will call the help desk. I don't know if my air of desperation gets translated into a please-tell-me-your-side-of-the-situation vibe or what, but both counseling encounters resulted in listening to stories about technical issues / difficulties getting in touch with the powers that be (whoever they are.) Counselor on hold for three hours only to be told to call another number, that sort of thing. Oh to be like this guy...  On the bright side of this learning opportunity, waiting in line is a good way to study, or assess how much Spanish you still understand...

No comments: