Sunday, August 15, 2004

Gospel Chicken

Went to the "Gospel Chicken House" last night (an old chicken house converted to a venue in Montpelier, Virginia) and saw two groups play blue grass music and sing gospel songs acapella. I think a banjo can sound surprisingly like a sitar :-)

In the back of the Gospel Chicken House there was a bathroom, and while I was in there I eavesdropped on the conversation of several little girls. (One was also named "Alison.") One of these girls sounded like a bit of a bossy-older-sister type "Hey guys, let me show you something. See this last piece of toilet paper here? If you want to use it..." "We know, we know!" the other girls chorused, so I never got to hear the secret of How To Use The Last Piece of Toilet Paper.

They also told a joke:

"Say milk five times fast."
"Milk. Milk. Milk. Milk. Milk."
"What does a cow drink?"
"Milk."
"No. Water!"
~giggle~

It reminded me of the time I spent with my sister and two childhood best friends (sisters) who lived in upstate NY.

Before we went to the Gospel Chicken House, I met up with a friend from Richmond and we did a little exploring of the town of Fredericksburg. We met outside of a restaurant close to Fredericksburg and 95. I parked by a car with a NY plate, which said that they were from Patchogue. I waited to see if they'd come out before my friend came, since my uncle lives in that town, but they never did. The windows of their vehicle were rolled down and some stuffed animals inside were getting rained on.

Exit 130B at Fredericksburg/Culpepper has a nice Border's Bookstore that can make a convenient meeting spot between D.C. and Richmond - FYI, the Welcome Center is NOT accessible from both sides of 95!

No comments: