Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Insomnia

I think certain family traits are surfacing. A slight touch of OCD. I think I'm becoming (temporarily) obsessed with clothes. (My clothes obsessed English teacher aunt would be proud of me).

For much of my life I have been totally happy going around in a floppy t-shirt and jeans. But, since my friend got me to buy that light/bright outfit, the mall is suddenly looking like a fun and creative place! I can't sleep because I'm thinking of ways to brighten my wardrobe...for example: dark green pants with all the zippers, a brown camisole....brighten it by adding an off the shoulder sheer pink top with sparkly butterfly accessory attached! Which I didn't buy! Because I'm not sure if the cheap looking sparkly thing would fly (since I'm no longer a teenager) unless I go to a club.

Going out costs money! Credit cards get one into debt! Dedicating my time to some sort of financial management course and meditation would probably be much more sensible. But tomorrow and Thursday I already made plans with people to go shopping (ka-CHING!) and dancing. Well, thats okay. Afterall, once I'm in school again my social life will probably revert back to budget-friendly researching, writing, grading PAPERSPAPERS&MOREPAPERS and watching the occasional DVD.

posted by....an IN-SOM-NI-AC.........

No comments: