Friday, August 13, 2004

Light Bright Day

was yesterday. I got my hair straightened for the first time, and wore a pale orange top and a floral print skirt with the fabric cut in lots of different shapes going every which way with a whole variety of colors in it-white, yellow, pale orange, pink, tan, brown. AND a little matching scarf. It is, indeed, the lightest, brightest outfit I have ever purchased.

After getting dressed/made up, we went into Giant to buy a camera and bumped into another friend's hot, exotic dancer sister. She had two guys with her, of course, and they were TOTALLY checking us out. We went to another friend's house. Since she was totally checking us out, I offered to pose with her. I also took a couple of pictures of my friend discussing the finer points of my appearance. We went to a very cool Middle Eastern restaurant called Neyla's in Georgetown, which has the best strained yogurt cheese I've ever tasted. I noticed that, even though the guy at the table next to us was on a date, he was TOTALLY checking us out.

For dessert, I ordered a pear poached in white wine, dipped in chocolate, drizzled with pistachio cream sauce and served with a scattering of berries. I said, "This is almost as good as the lemonade we had at the beach!" "Whoa..." (In Ocean City I order a fresh squeezed lemonade and told my friend how good it made me feel to drink it, sitting in the wind and the sun on the boardwalk, it gave me little sweet and sour chills, "this really makes you live in the moment," I told her. She said, "Maybe I should give you and your lemonade a little privacy!")

We left the cute waiter a splendid tip.

No comments: