Tuesday, August 03, 2004

In Virginia my room is small, with blue walls and a half closet. When the blinds aren't drawn, there is a view of the neighbor's driveway with a basketball hoop. My parents (mother and stepfather) will be separating in the fall. Furniture will be removed, and the room will be repainted in case they decide to sell the house. But by then, I will be living in New York again. In my life, this has already happened before. I don't really know all the logistics, for example who will the pets live with? I'm not particularly apt to ask a lot of questions...

Yesterday, I went to the video store and found a comedy about a guy who falls for the cousin of his fiancee. "A Guy Thing." The clerk read the title aloud amusedly to himself, making me feel all squirmy inside. It is set in Seattle, and there are many shots of the Space Needle in it, and the movie features Julia Stiles, who was also in Seattle while making the movie "Ten Things I Hate About You." My friend Charity was an extra in that movie. Several years ago, she wrote an essay about her experience, and sent it to me. It is probably still in my desk or else shoved into a corner of the blue bedroom somewhere...



No comments: