Monday, August 30, 2004

Well, back to school.

I was fairly pscyhed I was going to get to teach in a certain course this semester. I even read most of the books over the summer, and was making plans for my sections in the fall. But--I got suddenly switched into T.A.ing for a new class! Now, my schoolmates are all like: You're T.A.ing with who? But I thought he wasn't allowed to have female T.A.s...Well, apparently, I get to be the strike-breaking exception! (No other women T.A.s beside myself.) How fortunate.

Actually, though, I met him. And really, I don't get the feeling that his supposed propensity sexist comments/alleged wandering eye and whatnot will really be all THAT exceptional. Afterall, I am an experienced and worldly young woman who has already witnessed a fair amount of chauvanism and lewdness being conducted in many places, including in some prestigious doctors' boardrooms.

Ha, ha, ha.

Also, I met the girl they put in to replace me. (Or booted me out for, more bluntly). She just graduated. She's nervous because all her students will be her age, she wants to bake cookies for them on the first day, and confided that she has a terrible propensity for tripping over her own shoelaces.

Um, why???

Also, apparently everyone but me can meet at a certain time tomorrow for a certain class I'm taking, unless of course they can all meet at the same time and I can't, in which case...and the secretary person just shrugged her shoulders

*Insert sour-faced emoticon*

No comments: