You can't make people care about certain things when they don't want to. They just don't want to. They just really, really, really don't want to.
Sometimes, I really start to get the feeling that I've never before seen this level of how stubborn certain averagely advantaged people can act. They are just so stubborn about getting their way and not seeing what's going on with others when it comes to feeling entitled to not care about what's happening. I don't know what to do. I can't think about it too much, or I will lose my mind again. I already started chewing more today than I had been recently.
And it seems like they're just doing it to keep things going the way they always have been going, to pretend that some things aren't happening, and they need to do it in the name of "normalcy," and "what's comfortable enough for them to know," which falls within some pretty strict perimeters.
Perhaps that's the disadvantage of being supposedly "more advantaged" than some others. You don't really know how to help others. You don't know how to listen to others. You don't know how to consider others. You're too advantaged to know how to do those things? Really? Or maybe you're just choosing to go along with a certain mindset to fit in with a certain group of people who are still following some old societal norms that haven't fallen away for them yet, but those norms are definitely falling away for other people in other places.
No comments:
Post a Comment