At the Renaissance Faire, a woman I didn't know rushed up to me, and she was a bigger size and about my height too. She pointed at our shadows and said look how good we look! Our shadows looked long and thin and tall. And I said, "Yeah, we look tall!" And she said, "Tall is the best!"
Imagine if they were always pressuring the tall people to get shorter to be more acceptable to society. Imagine if they were always pressuring the men to see the point of view of the women instead of vice versa.
Swimming all summer and doing strength training seemingly didn't make that much difference. My muscles would ache and I knew I was getting stronger. But I weigh as much as I've ever weighed. I guess at least the bigger size clothes I bought have been a good investment.
I think the last time I was lost weight was a few years ago when I was juicing celery and drinking that juice everyday and I had cut out a lot of sugar and fat. I would eat a lot of vegetables and hummus. But I wasn't really exercising that much, actually.
Since I had a weird dream about a thin hippie type person pointing to one TV dinner meal and then to sone big boxes of salad, I literally wondered if I would have to eat one meal a day and a lot of greens to lose weight.
What if I drank green juice and ate vegetables? Maybe I could modify it by adding some hummus. Maybe I'll get really into celery juice again. It is true that when you eat very healthy on a regular basis, sometimes you stop craving certain kinds of food so much. Maybe I need to start to appreciate to the vegetables more. Carrots start to seem a bit sweet to you when you cut out the processed foods and the added sugar.
"For years, my body was treated like some kind of group project."
magdalena_hart_
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Dc-p-jrBGk0/?stkn=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

No comments:
Post a Comment