Thursday, September 24, 2026

I can only imagine how hard it must have been in the 1940s, less than 100 years ago, when my grandparents were teenagers...

"Madame now has a new trick up her sleeve: trying to get out of washing the pots and pans. If there's a bit of food left at the bottom of the pan, she leaves it to spoil instead of transferring it to a glass dish. Then in the afternoon when Margot is stuck with cleaning all the pots and pans, Madame exclaims, 'Oh, poor Margot, you have so much work to do!'"

Every other week Mr. Kleiman brings me a couple of books written for girls my age. I'm enthusiastic about the loop ter Heul series. I've enjoyed all of Cissy van Marxveldt's books very much. I've read The Zaniest Summer four times, and the ludicrous situations still make me laugh."

"Anne Frank – The Diary of Anne Frank (9/21/1942 - 9/29/1942)"

https://genius.com/Anne-frank-the-diary-of-anne-frank-9-21-1942-9-29-1942-annotated

No comments: