Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Even if it already happened... tomorrow can be different.

"DON'T LET YOURSELF BE COLONIZED"

“The irony is we already have the power. We just don’t know it and we don’t exercise it. Or we abdicate it. We saw that in the last election. How many women voted the way their husbands wanted them to vote? How many women when we are electing somebody, who with his own words, admits to sexually assaulting women…does that mean that we don’t even have the pride to stand up for ourselves? For our own bodies, and for each other?"

*****

"So many women think how can my father or my brother or husband that loves me want to keep me down just because I’m a woman? It doesn’t have any rationale.  It has no explanation.  It’s just that it’s been that way a long long time and it’s wrong."

~ Dolores Huerta

https://cinemasiren.com/cinema-siren/dolores-documentary-review-and-exclusive-interview-a-powerful-look-at-the-life-of-an-activist/

No comments: