Saturday, April 29, 2023

Glad to know that when I was feeling quite low, this helped!

Grateful for he who told me about an up and coming baseball player who wasn't doing so well but really improved after he saw a sports psychologist. In therapy, the player learned that baseball is full of failures before successes, and even if there are more failures, he could still make the successes feel more significant to him.

Some people I used to work with thought everything they wrote was full of failure, but I always knew it had potential, and they often got much happier with what they had written after revisions.

So, I said to myself, instead of feeling stuck...you can just know:

This is still a draft.

And when you create drafts, you can still turn those drafts into something better.

No comments: