Wednesday, April 26, 2023

I want to make a sandwich...πŸ₯ͺ

"'I decided to come here to learn the experience of what it's like being a farmworker, as I come from parents who are immigrants and family who worked in agricultural fields back in Fresno...I thought it would be really interesting to experience it,' said Diaz.

Jesus Avilar is a CSUCI senior, who wants to work in marketing, but today, he is one of the fieldworkers harvesting raspberries. 'My family comes from the world of farm work, but I have had the luxury of not having to do it myself.'"

~ Lance Orozco

"Where does our food come from? Some Ventura County college students become farmworkers for a day"

https://www.kclu.org/local-news/2023-04-25/where-does-our-food-come-from-some-ventura-county-college-students-become-farmworkers-for-a-day


No comments: