Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A mom's thoughts

from pinterest

From Melanie Holmes

"'I thought, if I can’t have children, there’s no reason to live.' I read that quote years ago and immediately thought of my own daughter (a pre-teen at the time). As I reflect on the emotions of a woman unable to have children, I’m compelled to try to understand how to ameliorate those feelings."

~~~~

 "In an attempt to protect the inner self/future self of my own teenage daughter, I’ve interviewed/polled 200 women across the U.S.—those with and without children, ages 18 to 66, a wide range of ethnicities and income levels. While motherhood is a meaningful life choice for many women, not every woman wants it or will be able to achieve it."

 ~~~~

"Telling a woman she’s selfish if she opts out of motherhood or that she’ll miss out on the truest form of love is a grievous injustice to those who don’t want it or can’t achieve it (through circumstance or biology). As visionaries for young women, parents can help their daughters keep open minds about their futures by refraining from making assumptions and setting up expectations that may go unmet later in their lives."

~http://werenothavingababy.com/childfree/abundance-assumptions-females-lives/



No comments: