Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Ah!

 "You know my methods."

A.M.
There is no jingling sound outside. Is the cat okay? Did she go somewhere? I used a comb and a cat toy this weekend. She had tried to get inside. I placated her on the front step. I bought a flea comb. I spoke about using it, and about noticing the tufts of hair the cat had been pulled out, wondering aloud if it was from fleas or nervousness? Saw her in a window meowing over the weekend and waved but... then  I had dreams. A dream of petting a sick cat. A dream of letting that cat run in my apartment.
And then that cat was gone.
And then, other cats.
And then a party (of people.)
And then the people got sick. (Perhaps food poisoning.)
And then being alone, wrapped in nothing but a towel, wandering the streets, lost...had a key though...home could not be located on the phone...

  ~~~

Late in the A. M.
I heard the jingle! Petting and a small brushing. Inside, heard the pitiful mewing. Returned outdoors and stayed longer, picking burrs out of a blanket. Went indoors, felt more content. Opened the door to give molasses-water to plants. Cat was napping on the mat. Put out a dish of water, so the cat won't drink out of the watercress saucer.

 ~~~
P.M.
No kitty on the step. Heard the jingle inside the window, though...
Stay tuned for more thrillsome updates.

No comments: