Tuesday, August 07, 2012

More sightseeing

Welcome to Watts Towers
Watts Mosaics
The less stressy side of Watts Towers
Visited Watts Towers yesterday.  They were closed on Monday, but there is a "self-tour" (i.e. informative signs) on the side-street. I was glad we found parking on that street, because a rather loud altercation broke out on the other side of the towers, and the sounds of group of people heatedly arguing made me feel a wee bit nervous...

I think the people on the side-street are proud of living by the towers. Many of the homes have their own colorful mosaics and murals and gardens. One had a beautiful mosaic bench in front of the home, seemingly available to passerby who want to sit and look at the towers. I thought about asking if I also could photograph the bench, murals, gardens, etc., but I lost my nerve.

Links looked at after visiting Watts:
Watts Towers
Watts (Los Angeles)
Watts Towers (yelp)
Gangland Tours
White Boys Visit Compton
Woman Speaks Cat
Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles Song
Bad Hairstyles

No comments: