Thursday, August 25, 2022

I get recurring memory thing going on sometimes

How does change happen? I have some jaw tension and headache stuff I could release.

In Illinois, I was in a basement apartment and relaxing on the patio with a good cat. I smiled up at a couple I couldn't see because they called down to me and fed me some compliments.

They seemed happy and friendly.

It actually took me years to realize that it probably was them.

As time went on, I started to hear abusive sounding situations occurring for weeks and probably months. Sadly, my cat was no longer with me. I needed to leave the apartment after lay offs at my job. 

Still didn't connect the abuse I was hearing to the friendly voices. The sounds seemed to be coming at me from another direction, off to the side instead of from above. Well, maybe they were above and off to the side.

Once I told the woman in the front office about it, but she didn't seem to know what to do. Well actually, it's possible she suggested calling the police if I ever heard it again.

It was getting very stressful and damaging to hear that stuff. At least one time I began to verbally say "Please stop" with my head in my hands.

Before I moved away, it seemed to no longer be coming just from the walls. It would travel out doors through a cracked window, even though it was during a freezing cold Chicagoland winter.

So one night, because the voices were outside, I decided that was enough. I called the cops and they came, looking young and scared, male and female. I was still in my 20s, and maybe they were just out of high school or college.

I met them outside because I had a feeling that I wanted to do that, to make sure they knew it was a serious call. I walked with them behind my apartment. I pointed in the direction where I heard those VOICES. And probably I repeated some of what the voices had been saying to the young police officers. 

Maybe they saw me and heard me doing that.

And then there were bed sheets in the laundry room that just stayed there the next day, and the day after, and the day after that.

Ah, did the woman also yell at him and call him an asshole that night? Yes, I think so.

And after that, it seemed like maybe he never came back.

There were no more sounds of abuse coming through the walls.

And on another evening, I was opening the door for a pretty upstairs neighbor. She was being really nice, and I felt very positive energy.

Why didn't I see her / open the door before? But I did that time, anyway.

And a week later, I moved away.

No comments: