Friday, October 11, 2019

Another movie I have not seen...

is El Norte for some reason.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Norte_(film)

I never saw this movie but when I was young I passed by it many times in the video store. I think my stepfather and mother commented it, as if they felt it was a very good film.

Last month I was walking around a campus with a woman who wanted to find a job in the film industry after she got her degree but could not because she was undocumented. Now she has the preferred legal status but has moved on to other things. We admired a lot about the campus--it was our evening's entertainment, and her alma mater. At one point, she commented on all the students whose parents can pay for them to go to such a fine school...how could they fail? she asked.



No comments: