Saturday, June 22, 2019

Mean money

A show about a cutthroat car dealership catering to the cold and undemonstrative customer...set in SEATTLE.

https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle/seattle/how-i-learned-to-love-the-seattle-freeze

NOTES:

Seattle salesperson when I was buying a futon and revealed I had just moved there from the East Coast, even though I was in 20 years old and cute and polite : Too many people are moving here nowadays. Thought I had in my head but didn't share: I grew up here, too. I am not an outsider. Seattle cashier looking at my credit card when I bought a book: Do you work for the Pentagon. Who worked there? That's a little intense, don't you think?

It could feature little pockets of friendliness among coworkers and then people get nervous and resume their safe and stoic habits.

No comments: