Monday, October 08, 2018

Conversations are the best

Y:
X: well here we are again
Y:
X: I just woke up from a dream
Y:
X: I was the roommate of a woman who had a family but also died and left me a bunch of stuff in our apartment
Y:
X: I mean, her husband was gonna come get it and deal with all the paperwork though
Y:
X: but she left a recording saying I could see if any of the clothes fit
Y:
X: and before I retrieved a floral tank top hidden behind a large chintzy painting of, I dunno, a carousel horse or something...
Y:
X: she took pains to point out a large collection of colostomy bags
Y:
X: it makes no sense that we would be sharing an apartment but that's how dreams work
Y:
X: anyway, I just woke up and wondered what you expected to get out of our conversation 
Y:
X:considering that you run your life in a way that makes absolutely no sense to a person like me
Y:
X: but actually, there's something else
Y:
X: have you ever considered going to a hospital or nursing home and just sitting with people there
Y:
X: because part of you actually has this weirdly calm demeanor and it seems like you'd be good at it

No comments: