Thursday, November 12, 2015

Crass

Aside from other issues in parts of an interview I watched earlier, I was genuinely annoyed by the part where Artist A congratulates Artist B on his kid by saying, "He's not shooting blanks," followed by really self-indulgent laughter. Way to be insensitive to any and all people having infertility issues in the audience. Seriously. Why do you need to demonstrate your callous insensitivity and inflict it on other people? It made me think that if some coffee house guy ever came up to me and started to go on about his abilities and how he's "not shooting blanks," he would at the very least earn a look of disgust. It's about as attractive as a seventeen year old bragging about how much he could be of use to a sperm bank because he's so blond-fit-blue-eyed-and-hairless (sadly that is a memory) good grief. Woman is not her womb. Dude is not his dick. Clearly, there is still not a very high awareness of people suffering from infertility, and the earth...wow...no wonder the earth is suffering. It's like I got treated to a model of how I hope to not celebrate my fertility if I ever feel it is creating a life form. I wanted to write two ghost stories, but I instead indulged myself...mitigated slightly by listening to songs from "The White Album." (Hey Bungalow Bill..While My Guitar Gently Weeps...Happiness Is A Warm Gun...) But ugh, man. No muy impresionante...(except for looking like a jerk to other people.)

No comments: