Thursday, November 26, 2015

Lovely, bitter, cranberry

I got a recommendation for making cranberry sauce with 3/4 less sugar than usual, which I plan to try. I drink unsweetened juice sometimes and I have a tolerance for sour and bitter.

Another recommendation: you should start an exercise regimen (for better health, better mood, etc.) Doesn't regimen sound military? Like "regiment," eeesh. But okay. Maybe a "regimen" is more effective.

Speaking of which...That exercise magazine I received with the covergirl who is on GOT had a section where she was asked about the show's misogyny, surprisingly. Let's not kid ourselves, her job is not to comfort survivors vs. support a show that gets boycotted; her job is to look hot and sell magazine covers and make $$$ for herself and other people (and I guess be a good actress) so really, does anyone expect her to make any really insightful comments about that?

 Other "women's health issues":

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2009/09/03/wearing-your-weight-as-armor/

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2013/09/18/regaining-control-after-sexual-assault-through-fitness/

But I guess those don't exactly sell magazine covers.

~~~~

 "Natalie has joking lobbied for "more dick" (blah blah blah blah blah, page 106 of the December 2015 print issue of Women's Health.) 


~~~~

"It was all so messed up,” Turner, 19, told Entertainment Weekly. "It's also so daunting for me to do it. I've been making [Cogman] feel so bad for writing that scene: 'I can't believe you're doing this to me!' But I secretly loved it."
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/claire-mccaskill-leads-charge-to-boycott-game-of-thrones-im-done-2015205

No comments: