Friday, July 19, 2013

Following through

Decided to make an effort to follow through on a summer reading list, and as luck (or whatever) would have it, the first to arrive is the viscera-riddled A Constellation of Vital Phenomena. So, that's probably not one for bedtime. Haven't opened it yet. Online, just looked at these for fun:

http://piecesofmargo.blogspot.com/2013/07/and-oscar-goes-to-miss-margo-for-her.html

http://piecesofmargo.blogspot.com/2013/07/pulp-art-what-is-going-on-here.html 

(Oh, to be an illustrator of book covers! Or something visually oriented...)

Also finally read Cold Comfort Farm. I actually feel like this was my first summer reading book. (Not on the list! Ha!)  Had kind of hoped to get a copy with a cover like this:

From Fizzy Thoughts

Instead, I got this:


Very different. The cute illustrations inside kind of remind me of the ones I found in this "memoir" (which I read at a very impressionable age!)

from wikipedia

Altogether, it gave me that enjoyable old-books-retrieved-from-grandmas-house summertime reading feeling. As an added bonus, there was sticky stuff marring the words on some of the pages.


No comments: