Friday, July 12, 2013

Sorry but...


from everybody loves you (somewhere)
Generally, I feel like I am lucky enough to live in a place where walks in the evening are relatively safe, but Fridays are a little weirder. This evening, after watching me walk half a block across the street, some guy started running after me, holding up a cell phone and asking if I could help him work it. I looked at him from across the street, said, "I don't think so," and walked away. He called after me, "I just got a message, can you help me check it?" "I doubt it," I said, and kept walking, really hoping he would not keep following and calling after me. He didn't. (Yay!) If he needs help checking his phone messages, why not ask someone over at the park? I think that females are conditioned to be nice and help out others, but I also think that you are not obligated to reciprocate to strangers who run after you for random suspicious reasons. 

No comments: