Friday, July 08, 2011

How many points make a star

So, I have determined I rather like the Siamroot song. I really do like the idea of someone making music about how someone else's songs infused her life and affected her way of looking at things. There were some silly youtube videos which parodied the "Hitler" movie, and which were critical of these two artists, and I see how some people like that sort of humor, but it's not really to my taste. There's too much rampant jealousy in them. And anyway, why not do something more constructive with those feelings, if you have an encounter with Sister Jealousy?
~~~~
These days (and maybe it will change?) lomography seems like a cute idea if you have the money for it. Once I would have. Not at this time. Unless the universe dumps some films and camera into my lap. It's one of those still-too-expensive-to-do "inexpensive" things (compared to what? Buying jewelry for fun?) It's weird and rather sad to feel that at one point, it was easier or more accessible to do that kind of stuff. At the free DJing workshop, I heard another person talk about how as soon as his parents got a piano when he was a kid, he was banging away on it and making up songs. That was not me. I did bang away on it a little, but...Mixing music seems interesting...so, how does the sampling of music go over these days in this world? How do the ones with less make music...
~~~~
There's two little boys learning a new language in this country. They also help a woman in a wheelchair. She's not their grandmother, but she employs their mother as her full-time caregiver. It's interesting to consider how many different ways people live in this world.

No comments: