Monday, July 04, 2011

Anniversaryish

It's anniversaryish. It's July 4 but I remembered today that it's also almost similar to the time when I was feeling so weird a year ago, and death was involved. A person I really didn't know all that well died. But see, he FB friended me, and remembered me, and we saw one another's faces a lot at one point in our lives (though I did not really circulate in his social circle) and he wanted to be a writer, and I learned more about it after he was gone, and it was a shock. Those are moments when you pick a song (or it picks you, like because I'd checked out a CD from the library and Bebel Gilberto's Winter remix was on it) and you look at gardens differently, with mingled appreciation and a little extra heaviness, and I guess, it changes your life, because it's going to be there a year later, and it feels like an anniversary.
Also a few things from a year ago...
Walk to Dublin - Tori Amos
That mystery series about the Missouri woman who works at a historical society, petsitting and getting weirdly lonely and driving out and seeing a man who probably died at the steps of a bank and coming back to the house and watching the title of the movie "I Am Love" flash across the screen and feeling like it was a message, really cold A/C in an old Arlington apt bldg that sat over the city's Republican headquarters, and sometimes the wind whistled eerily down vents running alongside long hallways and...
A Beagle dog, beagle dog, beagle dog.

No comments: