Monday, May 23, 2011

Prairie grasses

This is an old song has a video with a model and all that, but my idea is just to listen to it and think of...oh, prairies and grasses.
Wicked Game
Sort of the video is not as fun. It harkens back to youthful, never-skinny-enough anxiety. Which I always knew was foolish. Some things are diet and some things are genetics.
Like, way to ruin the whole atmosphere of the song, thinking about things like that!
I was quite amused to read that the model is very fond of cheese.
The outside world will always encroach to nibble at the edges of your perfectly constructed romantic fantastic song.
Thought: Prairie grasses might be used to weave baskets.
Learned some things about baskets and taught someone how to braid yesterday. Scraps of leather hung off a wall. One of those interactive exhibits. The instructions were all about Strip A B C and he couldn't figure them out.
"I tried and I concluded I suck at braiding."
I said: its just like this, you put one in the middle and then you always cross over, left side and right side, the one in the middle.
I showed and then told him to do it.
"Your instructions were a lot easier than theirs," he said.
I should see Brokeback Mountain one of these days.
10 Items Or Less was the last thing I saw.

No comments: