Monday, May 02, 2011

Datials

Datials? I meant details. But then I typed datials again. Datials it is.
Funny, hmmm? Perhaps, but perhaps not all can be funny in this word. World. Datials. Maybe it can be a new world. Word. As is, as in, educate the peeps about the datials. The decorum one should exercise while dating, especially while young and perhaps not entirely unstupid.
So. Why does this come up. It's because a lovely friend posted a sad but important article by Liz Seccuro. The details of this piece also served to remind me that maybe not all girls have been interviewed about their beloved Duran Duran. Details in this piece reminded me of how icky I felt when watching their "All She Wants Is" video and how freaking stupid weird colored drink stuff is all featured in it and is so...ick. I suppose their attentions? intentions? were not nefarious when they came up with that brilliant artistic concept, but...that just doesn't excuse the rest of the world. Does it.
And actually, I'm not really sure. Opposite.
So. It's actually a bit fucked up.
It's totally arguable until they brandish the stupid drink.
I also had a great need to enunciate most of these words in a faux British accent properly deep lady school marm type of voice while I typed this.
Hah.
Triumph except for feeling like my back is killing me.

No comments: