Sunday, May 15, 2011

It was supposed to help

I checked out this book that (I thought) was supposed to help. It's supposed to get you smarter, financially. And it's like memoir-ish and so it should be fun to read, and yay! But instead, this book, this book that was supposed to help, makes me need a therapist. Which I can't afford, so I have to read one of those books about angels or something. Here's the part that if I had a weak heart would have left me dead on the floor, and pretty much killed me inside:

"My annual salary was $86,000 a year before taxes. It has not budged much the last couple of years because the newspaper industry has not been doing well so well. I realize that $86,000 is more than what most Americans make, but in a city as expensive as DC, it doesn't go as far as it would in other parts of the country."
--Hot (Broke) Messes by Nancy Trejos

Yeah? What? Did you say...
No I did not read that. No, no...please...make it...
It's too late.
WTF
Okay, maybe I didn't read far enough. Maybe there are gigantic looming medical bills that eat up that salary. Because if not....
Do you have giant black holes in your life that you just throw $$$ into?
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I will not throw up.
I need to breathe now.
I need to get some water.
This too shall pass...
Please rewind my life.
Too late. Okay.
Moving on...moving on...moving on....
~~~~~
It's rather hard to take someone seriously when the person make a generous salary and went into debt by buying expensive cosmetics, going out for drinks, and taking vacations. I did have some exposure to that culture she speaks of, and she has a lot in common with a small but prolific group of people in that area. Maybe it will help them. They will buy the book. I appreciate the mention of websites.
Moving on to other things...

No comments: