Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Grey Gardens

Tonight I went to a historic commission meeting at the big weird Masonic Temple, and then talked to my friend about Grey Gardens, because we watched the HBO movie on Sunday. Due to the fact that I managed to bind off without unraveling, I completed my first knitting project ever that night. A teal blue slightly misshapen bookmark or glasses lens cleaner! I'm so proud. Onwards to more projects. (Caps, scarves, potholders???)
With the two Edies, its almost like with Thomas Merton: I kind of feel like they are still alive.
People.
~~~~
Currently I'm moving in with my mother. So far it has involved a really old apartment in Arlington, crazy dogs, trips to the ER, and a variety of smells. (Hallway, dog, Febreeze.) Also a good trip to a restaurant where my mom told the story about how when she first saw me in the nursery she thought I was a black baby. Today, I was trying to take a nap before work. "WHAT?" my mother yelled at me. "I was just stressed out!" I had woken up, yelling or something, in protest to a commercial I somehow concocted in my head, involved a light skinned African American woman dancing around in sunlight and acting happy and fulfilled by some household cleaner product. Why did I do that. Maybe it's all the HGTV. But I like HGTV. However, I just watched a bit of HGTV with the sound off. It came to the part where they get to their house and find the note on the door that tells them about a "gift" from HGTV. And the family all walked in and all but collapsed in joy and rapture because of the giant flat screen embedded into the wall RIGHT OVER THE FIREPLACE.
The little girl's eyes.
It's amazing how much I wanted to scream.

No comments: