Friday, March 19, 2010

I don't know

why some reviewers get so fixated on a person's age (to the point of getting it wrong! Because, unless I'm much mistaken, 27 in 2004 does not equal still 27 in 2010.) As for the reviewer's last sentence, but did she learn to eat? Well, I suppose she could've been trying to pay a compliment by comparing the author to Annie Dillard. At any rate, the book in question was a good read up until the "Twilight" release party kicked everyone out of the bookstore. (Which was open later anyway, so that was good too.) I also went to the library earlier and was quite shocked. The periodicals have been completely gouged. Yellow "Subscription canceled due to budget cuts" signs were EVERYWHERE. Meh! And regarding the unfortunate instances when one allows bitterness over lack of success to mar self expression: MEH. Whether it be stingy reviewers or bitter grad students who walk around writer's conferences, insufferably superior in attitude, complaining that everyone who received a prize or wads of cash is a worse writer than them. For some reason I read one or two of these diatribes on the internet the other day. Why? Did I miss them? I suppose I was just entirely too overflowing with joy as I perused websites about knitting. I need to rehabilitate the little inner masochist. Go ahead, and enjoy the joy, IT'S OKAY!!!!!

No comments: