Monday, March 08, 2010

Pets

As a kid, I might've (after I was allowed to get a cat) thought that I was a cat person among cat people, but then they all turned into dog people, and I was dubbed "Aunt Cruella." Still, I suppose a side of me could be a dog person. I recently discovered the joy of the dog park. It really is nice to let the little beast off the the leash and run around and enjoy himself, presuming that everyone present plays well with others. When I was younger, and more secretly full of myself, I thought I had a special connection with certain artists of the past and that I was meant to create some kind of beautiful work out of that, and so I somewhat felt harrumphy when I saw others doing so first. That was a long time ago, but after seeing a picture of one of those people surrounded by beloved pets, it kind of made me feel just a smidgen of guilt, (even though it was a long time ago!) Oh and I read all about Cesar Milan in February's Elle when I was in a doctor's waiting room. And had unexpected emotional moments watching a Dog Whisperer episode not long after that. But yes. There is the joy of the dog park. Not far from Cake Love, with it's little bowl of water, set out on the sidewalk for the dog lovers.

No comments: