Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Nature...

I was reflecting that no single person has ever been able to transform me the way a few quiet moments alone in nature could. Then I decided to look up Oh Give Me A Home Where The Buffalo Roam... However, one time I did have a very lucid experience on the dance floor at China Harbor in Seattle. It was not necessarily because of my dance partner (although he was a good dancer), it was the energy of the crowd. Suddenly, in the middle of a song, everywhere I looked, all the guys (Latin American immigrants) that had taught me and the other girls I knew how to salsa were beaming in such a pure and happy way that shocked and surprised me. Ecstatic, collective, & friendly. A state of high energy. Like time had stopped. Maybe whirling dervishes experience things like that.

No comments: