Saturday, September 20, 2008

Quirky messages

Today I got one from my sister: Hey Al, I just saw a commercial for Peru on the fine living network. It was very elegant but parts were sort of funny where they showed people partying around machu pichu with catered foods that look like cupcakes and things, and people dancing with scissors. Isn't dancing with scissors illegal? Hehe. But here's the website they showed: http://www.peru.info/ Peru, not just for college students in anthropology and latin studies anymore (or meteorologist students studying el nino). So I clicked on that link. And whats the first thing I see? Not just the famous ancient city, but--Madre De Dios and Tambopata and Puerto Maldonado. Where I was! (Not the other, seemingly better known rainforest which is by Iquitos.) I just remembered that when I was college, she made a card for me with a girl writing on the blackboard "I will stop talking about Peru in class."

No comments: