What a drastic mother!
"I wandered up and down the stairs, in and out of the rooms, trying to reconcile all the disparate parts of our new situation. Finally, I made coffee and sat down in the kitchen. I had only managed to conclude one thing; I had decided we should move to San Francisco."
"The Family Heart: A Memoir of When Our Son Came Out by Robb Forman Dew"| Goodreads
https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/1123976.The_Family_Heart
Mind you, they're living in big two hundred year old house in Massachusetts. But now that her son has come out to her, she feels she must move the entire family to San Francisco.
Stephen must have been a very special son.
"Our house is sometimes very large and other times overcrowded. Locally, people often refer to it as big, sometimes as huge, but a friend of mine from Charleston, who lives in an antebellum mansion, summed it up as 'cozy.'"
That passage is on page 14.
No comments:
Post a Comment