Friday, October 25, 2024

This woman's story would be an interesting movie.

"My biological brother was leaning off the faux leather couch dangling a smoke in his hand. My cousin (my paternal uncle’s daughter) wore a chic pixie haircut and designer clothing. She looked at my brother for a moment, then gazed at me, and said to him, 'Isn’t it funny? You’ve changed someone’s entire fate.' He shifted his eyes away, laughing awkwardly.

In that moment, I did somehow see my life intertwined with his. We were both born with the hope of being a son. It was just that one of us was, and one of us wasn’t. And in the circumstances we found ourselves, that made all of the difference."

~ Charlotte Cotter

"Commentary: I was the daughter my parents didn’t keep"

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/commentary/china-end-international-adoption-charlotte-cotter-family-4660811#tblciGiAwW8WrAF1zdSn8oJknGqDI6SbU_ie9w30p7PbCiQa-UyDsklIorLPV57fLlZYsMPexPw

No comments: