Sunday, February 25, 2024

A new-to-me writer! Christina Rosetti was a fan.

"What think you of Jean Ingelow, the wonderful poet? I have not yet read the volume, but reviews with copious extracts have made me aware of a new eminent name having risen among us. I want to know who she is, what she is like, where she lives. All I have heard is an uncertain rumour that she is aged twenty-one, is one of three sisters resident with their mother. A proud mother I should think. If our dear Scotts move away altogether from the North, I fear my prospect of making your personal acquaintance must dwindle to the altogether vague. Your kindness, however, has made us no strangers, even should we never meet—or, rather, never meet here; for one of the last days of the year the separations and meetings of time should not alone be thought of. 

Yours cordially, CHRISTINA ROSSETTI" 

"Victorian Musings: Jean Ingelow The Poet of Lincolnshire"

https://kimberlyevemusings.blogspot.com/2014/11/jean-ingelow-poet-of-lincolnshire-march.html?m=1

No comments: