Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Who taught them it was okay to behave that way?

"'They made sure to take a moment that we would already never forget and heighten every negative emotion by 1000,' she said about the crowd of protestors — one of whom yelled, 'if you really loved your daughter, you wouldn't take her in there.'

'I'm embarrassed to say that in that moment, I broke. I turned and I yelled over my shoulder; 'It's not me, it's her!' ' said Lakshmi. "I've always deeply regretted that comment because I was, you know, I was just a girl and I didn't know then what I know now. I was feeling slut shamed. I didn't want them to think I was promiscuous. It was a white-hot, hot slash of internalized misogyny.'

The author said the truth was her mom was there on that day 'specifically because of her love for me.'"

~ M. Park & B. Livesay

"Padma Lakshmi Reveals How Car Crash Forced Her Mom to Have Abortion"

https://people.com/health/padma-lakshmi-car-crash-forced-mom-abortion-exclusive/


No comments: