Friday, June 03, 2016

what you find when you can't find what you're trying to

Let's see, yesterday, June 2, I heard something on the radio I was only half listening to but I wanted to find it. I can't find it. I don't know why. It was between 10 and 11 sometime. This is what I remember:

Women's roles in either films or a play
Women in combat and the military
Dialogue from a play or film where a woman was a "lioness"
Women asking what do we normally not see women do in film or plays.
An actress (?) describing various roles she's been asked to play. For some reason I remember two: torture victim and mother, and she said the mother role was very challenging...
Women being in "less traditional" roles and still growing as a character.

I mean, I can't find it anywhere! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN'T FIND IT.

I give up.

Instead, here's some other stuff I found:

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/02/480487259/women-held-to-higher-ethical-standard-than-men-study-shows

and

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/26/479598105/kickboxing-director-lexi-alexander-uses-activism-to-bust-out-of-movie-jail

No comments: