Wednesday, June 08, 2016

There's much to admire...

on a short walk tonight. The moon is overheard, a perfect crescent. The temperature is in the high 60s. The soothing sounds are out, too. It's very quiet. Paused by a white fence and looked up at the sky, touching flowers in someone else's yard. It's so quiet tonight. I wonder why there are still these social constructs that do so much to please some and so much to alienate others. Boy's club things...I don't get them. They do nothing for me. Yet for some people, that's how they feel at home. That's their circle of friends. They are welcome there. I get frustrated. People say, "Oh you can come too" but it only means, your presence is tolerated. It doesn't mean they want to listen to what you have to say. Why is it that some people cannot ever be quiet and just listen? Not only to human voices, but to  other voices of nature. There is worth and value in listening. I plucked a flower. The name almost came to me, and then I thought, I don't know what the name is. I walked under a tree with a string of lights in it. Whimsy. I walked under a palm tree and the tendrils against the dark blue sky and stars and a moon give a message: the world is still very beautiful. I looked up the flower when I got home. It was the name I had thought it was and then told myself I didn't know it...Bachelor's Button.

No comments: