Thursday, June 25, 2015

Learning/relearning some things

A song again...

Fey ~ Popocatepetl


Half of the books came. I was able to deliver some gifts (Fortunately the Milk, Odd and The Frost Giants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Madlibs) sooner then I expected. (Excitement over the Madlibs. "This one looks good," one said about Odd and The Frost Giants. I'm sure someone will have a good word for Fortunately the Milk...)

I had a long visit and then I walked home.
I stared at one of those little liquidambar seed balls...I felt like I'd been meditating because the world was all about the seed ball, and the light on the side walk around it, and the road and the neighborhood and the sun and the sky...

Then either a bug or a green seed pod flew into my mouth.

The boys have told me that not being able to go back stinks.

If you are a refugee, may you ever travel? I looked it up and found this...

Yes. However, if you have been granted asylum, you should be aware that your grant of asylum may be terminated if, among other things, it is determined that you voluntarily availed yourself of the protection of your country of nationality, you have acquired a new nationality, or you are no longer eligible for asylum due to a fundamental change in circumstances. Similarly, your asylum status may be terminated if there was fraud in your application such that you were not eligible for asylum. Therefore, if your travel suggests...

No. You do not get to go back and visit your family, even if you are a little kid.

While the boys played on the playground, we discussed Mexico. I said, "Isn't there a song?"

We both chanted:

Una flor de calabaza de color de la mostaza...

No comments: