Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Avoid Oxybenzone, and stuff

My inbox informed me that the wrong type sunscreen could "increase the risk that your future daughter will develop PCOS and other health problems." (Gasp! why are you telling me this now?)

So of course I had to research, even though I don't currently have such a worry to worry about!

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Safest-Sunscreens-23146248

Then I gravitated to quotable food snark:

"In some respects, it's worked: being Paleo has killed my will to live, so I'm too sad to snack. My abs look pretty damn good, but I suspect that's from all the nights I spend wracked with sobs because I can't eat anything fun. I would take a selfie to show you, but this isn't Facebook and I'm not your misguided teenage niece."

"Carrot Cake Cookies (aka, Pucks of Suffering)"

"Remember when we cared about things? Remember when our great aunt sat us on the counter of her kitchen in Rome and we watched her fold tortellini by hand, which she made just for us? And how she smiled as we sat there, staring intently at her hands?

Remember that little girl? Who spoke Italian effortlessly and ate carbs with abandon? What would she think of all this?"

~http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Paleo-Diet-Experience-37631676
HA HA HA

I would still try the cookies.

No comments: