Monday, June 01, 2015

Evening shopping

At the store, a guy with tattoos on part of his face approached me as I was scrutinizing some salad dressing, and said, "Excuse me. I don't want to bother you, but...." and then we had a conversation about tuna.  He wanted to know my opinion on what kind was best to buy--water or oil. He thought the the canned stuff in water "looked all mushy." I said that I like to get packets. I said I might get tuna in oil, if it was in olive oil.

I have had portions of the Unrepentant Geraldines song in my head.
("If you find the vicar's wife...")

A woman in the frozen food aisle was on the phone. "I'm just going to go home. I feel really bad, like I'm dying. I've been at work since 10:30, and I just got off, and I was standing that whole time."

Then she laughed and said, "Jesus take the wheel!"

No comments: