Friday, April 11, 2014

Happy hunting trails

After much exploration, I finally found:

The Moment I Feared

I wanted to find this entry about FB friend's silly encounter with someone named "Devin-the-Dude" because it gave me a flashback from when the Dude was in my Spanish class. He seemed like he was having a happy popular athlete high school life. Lots of people liked him. The witchy teacher would tell us we were the worst class she ever had. One time, after I said "shut up" to a guy for saying something derogatory that I don't even remember, she put me in a corner. "I don't allow language like that in my classroom." Because she treated us like small children she could barely tolerate, I was cruelly amused that she was going bald. (Which is sad; she could've had PCOS.)

 Anyway, one day when she wasn't paying attention, the Dude got bored and hissed my name.

"What?" I said, astonished that Popular Athlete Boy was singling me out for some reason.

"You give me a semi."

As the rest of the students laughed, he looked pretty pleased with himself. I made a disgusted face, but was actually laughing also, internally. Acting offended was simply was my little part in a skit that was necessary to relieve the awful tedium and monotony of being in the class. He was zero percent intimidating. Least threatening sexual harassment incident ever.

Anyway, after I read more of this, I realized that perhaps his life wasn't all sunshine for him. Although he still seemed to have retained that hyper attitude, in FB friend's entry. It was amusing to read...

No comments: