Friday, February 28, 2014

Birds, books...


From http://kestrelart.wordpress.com/tag/murmuration/

This week, when I got a book stuck in my head, it was the memoir Wave, which I just read. (I also read several fine reviews of it, and because of this one, I think I am also going to give The Snow Leopard a try.) I was sitting in my car watching some birds flying, and some of the parts of the book that were about observing nature, anagrams, and things a child might say about being from another world seemed to sort of float up in my mind. The birds were doing that kind of flying where they dive and swoop and turn a lot. It's similar to some videos I found of starlings, except it was a much smaller group of birds than the large swarms that seem to be in most of the internet videos...

"Murmuration" video

No comments: